The Old Order exists for those who want to make sure that they can get their hands on our wood-aged beer releases without the risk of them selling out or having to wait in long lines. Proudly, we’re able to say with wood-aged bottles being released for the first time in 2016, more than 90% of this beer reached the hands of members of The Old Order and their invited guests. This is something we will continue, and we hope a few of you will take advantage of this opportunity.
In 2017, we’re expanding The Old Order program ever so slightly. With renewals in 2016 on pace to reach near one hundred percent, we’re looking to add roughly one hundred more members. We’ve learned a lot from our initial rendition of The Old Order and the overwhelming support of this group has been humbling. Throughout 2016, our production team has focused on brewing, aging, blending, and packaging this set of beers to deliver the highest quality, most interesting beers possible. From creative new event concepts to the experiences built around our quarterly releases, our business and marketing team has strived to give you experiences with and access to SOB like never before. All of this resulted in this making more than double the wood-aged beer than we ever had before, and sharing it in new ways.
We did all of this while rebuilding the entire brewery, doubling our capacity, and packaging beer in cans for the very first time. None of this would be possible without our greatest asset--you SOBs. We’re excited for the future as we continue to grow, continue to develop our culture, and get more fresh beer into the hands of craft supporters across Chicagoland.
This coming year we will make the next step, growing this program and the membership of The Old Order slightly but focusing more than ever on the quality of the beers we get into your hands and the events and opportunities around the beer to make your experience with us even better.
New members of The Old Order can gain access to these unique beers with a $195 commitment that pays for itself straight away in over $200 of beer and merchandise.
What you’ll get by joinging with The Old Order in 2017:
- Eight (8) 22 oz. bottles of SOB’s wood-aged beer. The release schedule will again be two bottles roughly quarterly, released at the same time. Sometimes these will be the same beer, other times it will be one bottle each of two different beers. It depends solely on which beers are ready.
- One (1) 22 oz. bottle of either our Seven Seals series release, or an exclusive wood-aged beer for members of The Old Order.
- Numbered "The Old Order" key tag to verify your membership to SOB staff for pickups, discounts, and other privileges.
- Opportunity to join the SOB crew at events exclusively available to The Old Order members and your guests. These are held quarterly and additional fees may apply.
2017 Member-Exclusive Event Calendar
- February 18, 2017 - An Evening w/ Solemn Oath (Off-Site)
- April 2, 2017 - Family Dinner w/ Roaming Hog (At SOB)
- Summer, 2017 - 2nd Annual Trip to Sycamore Speedway (Date TBD)
- August 12, 2017 - Hammer Down (Off-Site)
- October 28, 2017 - Hammer Down (Off-Site)
- Your bottles will be held at the brewery for pickup at each release party or within 4 weeks of that date, at which point they will be surrendered to Solemn Oath Brewery without refund.
- Right to designate a trustee to pick up your beer.
- First access to additional limited wood-aged beer releases.
- Advanced ticket purchase opportunity for up to eight (8) tickets for our annual Oath Day celebration.
- 15% Discount for brewery merchandise at the Solemn Oath taproom from January 1, 2017 through the end of the day December 31, 2017.
- First right of refusal and priority enrollment for subsequent yearly memberships in The Old Order.
New Member Price: $195While we anticipate being able to offer additional bottles of these wood-aged for sale outside of the program, there is always uncertainty inherent to aging beer in wood. What we can tell you is that we're planning enough capacity to be able to make the very best of our wood-aged projects part of the program, and to be able to part with poorly developing barrels rather than incorporating them into the final blends. We're also planning on having enough of these beers to offer on draft in the taproom regularly for all SOBs. Our production schedule may change for a number of reasons, including that the planned beers are not ready, or there is insufficient inventory. Swapping out beers for this or any other reason in our discretion. Finally, there may be wood-aged releases available entirely outside of the program.